Wednesday, October 26, 2011

15 weeks

(I stole this idea from Angie's friend who has her own baby blog. I think it is a great way of organizing each week and the changes that are happening. Hope you like it!)

15 Weeks

How big is baby: Baby is 4 inches this week weighing in at 2 1/2 ounces. Baby is about the size of an apple!


Pregnancy symptoms: I am having severe headaches almost every single day. They hit at about 12 weeks along. Drinking massive amounts of water isn't working for me. Tylenol has really been my only relief. Occasionally I will get little "feelings", I wouldn't say painful ones, near my pubic bone. I'm guessing this is either from ligaments stretching or possibly baby movement!

Maternity clothes: I am officially in maternity pants everyday. I have a few maternity tops but some of my pre-pregnancy clothes still fit. This seems to be a benefit of being tall that I already own many long torso shirts.

Stretch Marks: None so far...hopefully never will get them. Special cream from Europe is on the way!

Sleep: I am up usually at least once a night. I get uncomfortable after being on one side for too long so I roll often and that wakes me up. Sleeping "well" has taken on a new meaning in my life.

Best moment this week: Rawley giving me neck rubs every day and asking how my "baby bump" is doing.

Movement: It's either gas, ligament pain or baby movement. Too soon to tell for sure.

Food cravings: Soup! Any kind, any time!

Food aversions: Eggs and chicken made on the BBQ.


Labor signs: None, thank God! Although, I had some major gas pains that I pray labor feels nothing like or I am in for some pain.


Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, sleeping on my back...basically sleeping in general.

What I am looking forward to: Looking big enough that people know I am pregnant rather than thinking I'm just "letting myself go".

On the to-do list: We need to finish cleaning out the room that was once our office/junk room and start converting it into the new nursery.

Milestones: The baby is busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Baby's legs are growing longer than its arms now, and it can move all of its joints and limbs. Although the baby's eyes are still shut, it can sense light. The baby is also forming taste buds.

Something funny/memorable that happened at work:  One of the girls in choir said, " It was so hard concentrating today in choir because I couldn't quit staring at your belly!"

1 comment:

  1. Great idea :) Keep emailing out the link to your list of people so they can see the updates :)

    ReplyDelete