Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nursery Ideas

Rawley and I finished cleaning out the old office over the weekend. What a relief! We didn't realize how big that room til it was empty. It will be the perfect room for a nursery. We spent some time at Babies R Us looking at colors to start planning the next step. Here are some of our ideas. Let us know what you think!

Before pictures:

Tight view of the room from the hallway

                                        Closet space



These are the colors we are thinking of using. We bought this monkey as a guide not as an actually item for the room. We figured with green, tan and brown you can always add touches of pink or blue to make it more gender specific.


We purchased this wall decal from a website online. It is a white decal and we were thinking of putting it right behind where the crib will be.



This picture may be a bit fuzzy. We found it in a catalog. We were discussing doing wainscoting around the room but liked this idea better. Basically it is just a piece of think trim around the room about waist height. We would paint the lower portion of the wall below the trim the green color from the monkey art and the area above the trim piece a light tan.




Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect colors. I'm all for it :) Natural beiges and greens are a great choice!! Keep it simple--I always love the look of simple nurseries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas too! One question: is that tree white and will it show up on tan wall? Maybe swap colors if so... Also I saw a picture that made me think of your room "Owl always love you." With an owl of course...bet you could find online in your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll be very happy with your color selections! Plus...I just love the monkey idea. I'm seeing monkey stuff everywhere for babies and I think it's adorable. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I'd love to help!

    I've also seen a lot of nurseries with the babies name in big letters above the crib or changing table. You can get super cute cardboard letters at JoAnn Fabric and then you could paint them or decoupage them to match the room. Although, if you don't know the name ahead of time, it makes for a big craft project AFTER the baby is born. Let's face it...probably won't have time to be decoupaging letters with a baby on your hip! That's where your friends come in though! :)

    Whatever you do, it will be perfect. I agree with Angie, simple is always better.

    ReplyDelete