Wednesday, November 2, 2011

16 Weeks

16 Weeks

How big is baby: The baby is the size of an avocado today! 4 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces in weight. In the next few weeks the baby will double in weight and add inches of length. Huge growth spurt!

Maternity clothes: Still shopping! :) Rawley loves that I'm sure!

Pregnancy symptoms: I am experiencing the most painful headaches on a daily basis. Water and Tylenol don't seem to help. Coffee helps a bit.
Stretch Marks: Just received the special cream today.  No marks so far.

Food cravings:
Macaroni and Cheese!


Food aversions: Nothing new so far.

Labor signs: None

What I miss: Not feeling guilty about eating "bad".

On the to-do list: Schedule our next ultrasound, decide if we want to know the gender of the baby and begin the design for the nursery.

What I am looking forward to: Holding our baby and seeing Rawley be a dad.

Belly button in or out: Still in 

Movement: I'm still unsure if what I am feeling is movement. Hopefully any day now I will know.

Best moment this week:  The box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese that I indulged in for dinner! Best ever! Oh, and Rawley cleaning out the office so we can begin to design the nursery!

Sleep: Sleep is getting better. I don't need to get up as often in the night for the bathroom. I try to stop drinking liquids after 6pm and that seems to be working for me.

Milestones:  This is so exciting! Tiny bones are forming the the baby's ears so they can now hear the sound of my voice. I sing about 4 - 5 hours a day not to mention the amplified sounds of the choir singing around me. This baby is sure going to be hearing A LOT of music!

Something funny/memorable that happened at work:  A graduated student came back to visit me. She saw I was wearing maternity jeans when I bent down for something. She hadn't heard the news of the pregnancy. I also don't think she knew that my class already knew about the baby. She probably thought she was in on some HUGE secret. We had a good laugh about it later when I brought it up nonchalantly. She was very excited!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha I thought I was so special when I saw your pants! Im so happy for you :) you are going to be a great mother, and for the record i think I make a good babysitter;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting about the ears! Crazy how developed a baby is at 16 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete