Wednesday, January 11, 2012

26 Weeks

26 Weeks


How big is baby: Our baby is as tall as an English cucumber at 14 inches head to heel. She weighs about 1 2/3 pounds.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Still experiencing the acne plague but on a happy note, I have noticed a huge decrease in frequency of headaches. Fatigue is make a comeback and I am starting to take naps again on most days.
Maternity clothes: Say goodbye to all my pre-pregnancy clothes. They are now being packed away. The bump has taken over!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Lots of naps!
Best moment of the week: I think I felt hiccups this week! I also found, only once, the baby’s heartbeat with a fetal stethoscope we are borrowing from a friend.  
Movement: Hiccups, kicks and body rolls. I love when the baby is moving!
Food cravings: none
Food aversions: none
Labor signs: none
Belly button: In but it is definitely starting to creep out…
What I miss: I miss not having any sense of fear on a daily basis. I always saw myself as a realistic and rational person but now I am extremely paranoid. Every new pain or change in movement freaks me out. I worry about our baby and if she is okay to the point of obsession. Thank God the nurses are so patient and understanding with us first-time moms!
What I am looking forward to: I’m looking forward to the next time I get to crawl into bed and sleep!
On the to-do list: We need to keep working on the nursery and finalize plans with the doula we have contacted.  
Milestones: “The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat.”
Something funny/memorable from work: I was walking very quickly to the piano in the auditorium when leading the guys in for a sectional during class and I heard one of them say, “She is moving so fast. She must have the strength of two humans!”


No comments:

Post a Comment