Wednesday, February 22, 2012

32 weeks

32 Weeks


How big is baby: Our baby is about 3.8 pounds and almost 17 inches long. That is about the size of a jicama. You may be thinking what Rawley said earlier today, “Jicama, what the hell is that??”
Pregnancy Symptoms: Nothing new just added weight. I’m beginning to get more uncomfortable as she grows bigger.
Stretch marks: Still none, I have been keeping my fingers crossed!
Sleep: Another fun pregnancy symptom is hot flashes which I seem to experience the most when I am in bed.
Best moment of the week: Folding new baby clothes and organizing the nursery.  
Movement: I have been feeling hiccups several times a day. Sometimes they feel so strong and last for several minutes. I guess it is a good sign that she is practicing using her lungs!
Food cravings: Frozen yogurt! YUM J
Food aversions: None
Labor signs: None
Belly button: Still not completely an outie but it looks really funny!
What I miss: I miss my energy!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting our baby. I just can’t wait!
On the to-do list: Purchasing a few more things we need for the arrival of our daughter.
Milestones: You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
Something funny/memorable from work: My advanced treble choir threw me a surprise baby shower! It was so fun. They brought cupcakes and had games prepared. They even bought the baby a few outfits. It was so sweet and thoughtful! I am going to miss those kiddos when I go on maternity leave. J


No comments:

Post a Comment