Wednesday, December 14, 2011

22 Weeks

22 Weeks



How big is baby: Baby is 11 inches, about the length of a spaghetti squash and almost 1 pound!
Pregnancy Symptoms: I am starting to run out of breath more quickly and I have noticed it is harder to take deep breaths when I am singing at work. The skin on my belly and lower back is very itchy.
Stretch marks: Still none and using my special cream every day.
Sleep: Sometimes the baby keeps me awake. It seems like the baby’s schedule is already preparing me for being active at night. LOTS of kicks when I lay down to go to bed.
Best moment of the week: We finished painting the nursery and are going to finish putting up the chair rail around the room. It is really starting to look cute! Pictures on the way. J
Movement: Lots of movement especially when I am sitting and playing piano.
Food cravings: My trusty old friend macaroni and cheese.
Food aversions: None
Labor signs: None
Belly button: In
What I miss: Sleeping through the night and waking up without any hip and back pain.
What I am looking forward to: We are finding out this Sunday if we are having a boy or girl. I can’t wait!!
On the to-do list: Interview and select a doula. Any suggestions would be wonderful!
Milestones: Baby is looking more like a newborn everyday with the eyelids, lips and eyebrows becoming more distinct. Baby is also sleeping in cycles- about 12-14 hours per day.
Something memorable from work: We had our huge Holiday Concert last night and we have an annual tradition of singing “O Holy Night” with all the choirs combined and we invite alumni to come up and sing with us. With all 160-175 singers right in front of me, I can only imagine what the baby was probably experiencing hearing all that beautiful singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment