Wednesday, December 28, 2011

24 Weeks

24 Weeks



How big is baby: She is almost a foot long, picture an ear of corn and weighs just over a pound.
Pregnancy Symptoms: I am developing more soreness around my belly which is probably due to the ligaments and skin stretching to accommodate our growing baby.
Maternity clothes: Definitely picked up a few items as Christmas gifts. I’m excited to go shopping with some of these gift cards! Thanks everyone!
Stretch marks: None  
Sleep: I consider myself pretty lucky that at least I don’t have to get out of bed to use the restroom yet. I just need to roll over a few times a night!
Best moment of the week: Sharing Christmas with our family and thinking about how different next year will be when she is with us.
Movement: Lots of movement. I think I can feel her stretching sometimes rather than just kicks and fist pumps.
Food cravings: No new cravings but I am enjoying satisfying the old ones!
Food aversions: None
Labor signs: None      
Belly button: Still in but it looks like it is creeping its way out.
What I miss: Life before insulin shots. I feel like a pin cushion.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby at Friday’s ultrasound appointment. I’m also excited to start our Bradley Method classes in a few weeks.
On the to-do list: Rawley and I put the crib and dresser together this week so now it is on to decorating. We have lots of fun ideas we just need to get started now. We also need to find a doula for labor and delivery. We are a bit behind on that.
Milestones: Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow.
Something funny/memorable from this week: Several family members and friends got to feel our baby kick during the Christmas festivities!  


No comments:

Post a Comment